Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Fucking Greenhorns.


We had to fill the water tank and needed a garden hose to accomplish the task. When Robbie, Ryan's old mentor, stopped by the port side adjacent ship Ferking to shoot the breeze with Heidi, I yelled down to ask if we could borrow his. He said "sure" and informed me that his container was just past The Leading Edge. So I walked round, up, and into the nearest open-doored container, pulled out the neatly-laid hose and hooked up to Heidi's to fill the tanks. Some while later, Bruce (who, to this point, has done nothing but smiled at me) came over to the Ferking to bitch about someone jacking his stuff. The hose laid between our two vessels in drydock, he began eyeing Heidi suspiciously till dissented and shouted over at me. I was deep in the fish hold, leaning back miner-style against the bulkhead with a flashlight between my legs, monitoring the engine room for any sign of leaks. When I got up to the main deck, Bruce was already aware that we were the ship that had pilfered his hose, though he was over-smiling and very congenial through my whole stuttered, profuse apology. Of course, Steve-O (Heidi's boyfriend) and she told Quinn (captain of the Kolea, the ship to the starboard side of ours in dry dock) who in turn told Ryan before I could... "Hey, guess what your greenhorn did" (mockingly)... "keep your crew in fucking line." Every introduction isn't this memorable- thank God.

No comments: